Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

I have to admit that the New Year Festivities were really tame in our household this year. Three sick kiddos, one of which had had a fever of 102 for the last three days did not lend it self to much partying. Luckily today everyone looks like they are on the up and up.
Each year I attempt to make a list of things I want to improve upon and each year I have noticed that I am writing the same list and working on the same things. Surprise!
 So what does each years list really boil down to? For the most part people make resolutions that make them happier or healthier - the only differences in peoples list is how they go about doing those things. The interesting things is that this year I am not making a list. It's time to simplify. Guess what? People who simply enjoy life/ are grateful for life in the moment they are in, are happier and healthier. So that is my  resolution. Enjoy life!  So this didn't just come from no where. Again like so many times before I have been inspired by a documentary or two......

A girlfriend of mine had been telling me about a documentary called "Happy", which I had seen the cover for on Netflix many a time but had never watched. Well I finally did, and I loved it. If you haven't made a New Years resolution yet, watch this first! You will be a little surprised- many times it has nothing to do with making YOU happy.  Happiness- check

From there I was prompted by/ recommended by Netflix to check out "Hungry for Change". And being the "Documentary Junkie" that I am , of course I watched it. If you are looking to check off the category  "healthier" this New Year this is the one for you. I know I will be making different choices because of it.      


So a few pictures of my simple happiness ......


My sweet girl


My funny girl

My cutie


My love


.                                                            and my crazy, naughty, sweet dog


 So here is to wishing you and yours a happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I watched Happy last week with the family. Very inspirational. I will have to check out the other one you talked about. Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete