Monday, April 29, 2013

On the Road Again.....

On the road again...yes like the Willie Nelson song......... That is what I kept hearing this weekend, running through my head as we hit the trails on our bikes again for the first time in over a year.


Beautiful isn't it........ Notice the winding path........

I'll be honest......I really wish I had been walking and taking pictures instead of riding. You know that saying about the wind in your hair.......ya, that's not me. If I am moving so fast that there is wind blowing my hair my brain says "stop immediately!" "Imminent danger!" And if I am standing still and the wind is blowing that hard it usually means take cover- at least to me anyway. 

Add that to the fact that I have an aversion to anything that is fast moving ,and this beautiful windy road, that happens to be creating that wind in your hair sensation means only one thing -nausea. It's really pitiful I know but the first 15 minutes of this ride were excruciating! The only reason I have this picture is because I happen to be sitting on a bench trying to make the lightheaded feeling I was then experiencing, go away. I have a picture which my husband thought would be funny to take to prove it, but I do not intend to show you a photo of myself bent over my bike head resting on it's seat anytime soon.... not pretty.....


I will however share a picture of my husband which I snapped while he wasn't looking and while he was waiting for me to recover ....and get a photo of the windy road for posterity....... I think he's pretty cute!


This one was taken with his knowledge with one of our sweet girls.




Stopping for a rest and checking out a few plants..........

   
I digress............
Luckily this trail happens to become a little straighter as it continues and adjusting my gears to create greater tension/ grip on the road seemed to do the trick and make the rest of the ride MUCH more enjoyable. 
I always use the excuse that my husband is a better leader - true- and so he is at the head of the pack while I am at the back - supposedly keeping behind the children so no one gets left behind- which is also true- but partly because I get to go slower, since going fast scares the life out of me! It also has another benefit........


I get the best view! 

While I may not have had time to "smell the flowers"



In the end, it sure was a sweet ride............

A 6.5 mile ride to be exact! So proud of my kiddos!








  


  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment