Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A decade passed


One Decade Passed...........



On October 3rd 2002 at 2:42 a.m.  I gave birth to my first child. A baby girl.........
I had no idea how she was going to change my life forever!




As sweet as she appears in this photo at 2 and a half months old, I promise you she was the grouchiest little girl EVER!  But my love for her was already fierce!




By 1 year old her true personality began to shine.... and out emerged the funniest little monkey EVER!
I love this picture because this is STILL who she is today!






At 2 years of age she was still just as spunky but a sweetness began to emerge ....




At 3 years old a rare shot....My girl as a princess and with a baby doll. 



4 years old and already the best big sister....... twice over





At 5 years old she was such a beautiful princess... and although that was the last year of dressing up and being that little girl, she still remains a princess in character and heart. 




No longer so little... At 6 years old she truly became a "Papa's girl"




I love this picture of her at 7 years old, I smile just looking at it. She is so full of life and joy.  



A picture she took of herself at the ripe old age of 8  




9 years old a "rocker" .... I see trouble to come 



10 years old......  Where did the time go? 


Over the last ten years my husband and  I have been privileged to raise this sweet girl. She is funny and spunky. Reserved and thoughtful. Artsy with a brain for science and math. She is kind and loving and loves the Lord  with all of her heart. She is crazy and wonderful and everything beautiful that I could ever want in a daughter. The first 10 years of her life I feel were spent showing her our world. I have this feeling that the next decade will be about teaching her to fly and see the world for herself..........





Behold,  children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward Psalm 127:3  

  

2 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful!!! Lucas looks sooo much like her! Love how you said the first 10 years was spent showing her the world (so true) and I pray the learning to fly time will be just as special. You guys are awesome parents and I love to see a little glimpse into your world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Thank you! Yes, Lucas does look very much like her :) The "teaching her how to fly" is hard on my heart but it I believe it will be amazing! We miss your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete